Sports Analytics Research Lab
Stay tuned for information regarding the application process for the 2024 research lab.
Welcome to the Sports Analytics Research Lab! Get ready to apply your skills, expand your knowledge, and make meaningful contributions in the field of sports analytics. We extend a warm welcome and wish our students a rewarding and fulfilling experience during their time at the lab.
The Sports Analytics Research Lab provides an undergraduate academic research experience for rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors at the University of Pennsylvania.
Participants will enhance their analytical and research skills while learning:
- how to be applied statisticians, and
- how to teach in new and engaging ways while meeting sports analytics leaders, making new connections, and having fun!
This 9-week program includes two distinct areas of engagement:
More Information Here
2024 Dates to Come
- Hands-on research and learning in advanced statistics
- Teaching Assistant for Wharton Moneyball Academy: Training Camp
- Teaching Assistant for Wharton Moneyball Academy
Students will commence a research project aimed for publication that will be completed during their remaining time at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Currently enrolled at the University of Pennsylvania
- Strong background in statistics, one-two semesters of classes in statistics or related fields; knowledge of coding (Python or R preferred)
- Interest in sports analytics and intellectual curiosity to examine sports analytics at a research level
- Interest in working with high school students in their research
Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors across Penn are encouraged to apply.